Direct Mail Marketing

Gone are the days when you have to send mails in the post office. You are now in an era wherein the internet gives you the convenience of sending mail with just one click. Instead of sending hard copies of your catalogue, you can now send it through email. Indeed, direct mail marketing has been taken a step higher. This is something much less expensive than printing out catalogues and paying for your mail to be sent to your customers.

Imagine yourself trying to engage about a thousand customers at a cost of $50,000. Say for example, their average order value is marked at a price of $100, so that would mean the turnover value would be $100,000. Your cost of products is $50,000. With that, you have just broken even and maybe there are some other costs you ran up in running the business. You’ve taken a loss with the activity you just did. That is similar to many traditional direct mail marketing strategy results.

In the past, a lot of people have been dependent on mailing catalogues every month or so to be able to obtain successive orders. On an average, about 10% of your targeted market responds to the catalogue you have sent. One would be pleased that 10% responded, but how about the remaining 90%?

It is just too expensive and impractical to print and send out product catalogues. It is about time for you to send catalogues through email. What is great about email is that it allows you to make as many catalogues as you did before, and it will cost you less than sending out catalogues through snail mail.

Make a catalogue that stands out. Think about it in a logical manner. You can engage your business with an email service provider. The cost of sending out catalogues through email is virtually zero. Just make sure that your offer is appealing and comes with a reasonable price. You have to come up with a good layout as well. Your catalogue should entice your potential customers to buy and not get discouraged with the catalogue that you have. Be creative in coming up with a good catalogue. You can hire a few graphic artists to help you with your catalogue. Do not forget to add in a link to your website in your catalogue.

You can send catalogues to your valued clients. Direct mail marketing is a very effective approach because your valued clients will feel extra special. They will get the notion that you took your time to email them the things that are new in your business. You can treat them like they are VIP by ensuring them that they are the first people who will get to view your new line of products.

Also, you need to send catalogues to potential customers. These are the people that have visited your website. You can add in your website a section for people to put their email address. It would be wise that you send them a catalogue every month. Do not make it a point to send them a catalogue every week because they would consider it as spam mail and you will lose the chance of getting any sales from them.